In this day and age, education has transformed along with the transforming world for the better, and with the advancement in technology, there have been several new methods of teaching students in classrooms nowadays. You will find almost every teenager nowadays with a smartphone in hand, so why not make their education relevant to the things that they’re passionate about and the things that they use? This is why educational apps are so important and relevant to all students worldwide. After all, the best way to teach a student is by giving them something that they will enjoy and something that will be easily accessible rather than something dull and old fashioned.
Some important apps for students
- com: Who has the time or the patience to carry and flip through a thick Oxford dictionary anymore? No one! Which is why a dictionary app will always be a student’s best friend. Not only are regular dictionaries thick and time consuming to go through, they’re also extremely heavy, meaning that having an app to replace a traditional dictionary will save a lot of energy, time, as well as a lot of space in your backpack!
- Wikipedia: Of course, this is a website that is known as a student’s best friend, especially during the days of writing a research report, no matter how many times your teacher may have told you not to use Wikipedia. The temptation is truly hard to resist! That said, Wikipedia is once again, a must have app in a student’s smartphone, tablet, or whichever other device that they may use. You will easily be able to access any information that you want with just a swipe of your fingertips.
- Duolingo: Remember your highschool French/Spanish classes that you struggled to get better at? If you were one such person who had difficulty getting better at their second or third language courses, then download this app, as it will give you the opportunity to translate anything and everything to the language of your choice as well as providing language courses of various kinds.
- Quizlet: Got an exam coming up in 2 days? Instead of panicking and freaking out about how you haven’t done any work, why not create your own quizzes or follow someone else’s and actually get some work done? This is a perfect app if you need to marathon study, which, if you’re going to be honest with yourself, you know happens almost every single time. That said, this can actually help make your studying process a lot easier and quicker, helping you binge-study very efficiently.
- Show Box: Hey, not every day can be all work and no play. If you need to chill out after an extremely stressful study session and need to relax, just tune into Show Box and watch your most favorite shows of all times, or watch a rerun of your most favorite movie. This app offers everything that you could ask for to help you relax, so don’t hesitate to use it and take a break if needed.
For more important apps for students, check out http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-educational-apps/2/